Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

“I’ve a message from the Lord, hallelujah!"

Hello and Welcome to the brand new blog of Look and Live Ministries!

I'm your host, Arlecia Simmons. I trust that you will visit with me each week as I attempt to dissect the world and share what thus saith the Lord. Previously, I have disseminated my inspirational messages through a forum known as "Arlecia's Doses of Inspiration." For one year, I sent weekly e-mails to family, friends who in turn forwarded those messages to their family, friends and co-workers. While the original recipients were most likely located in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia, the Internet allowed me to share my inspirational messages across the country and possibly in other parts of the world. I trust that this blog will not only encourage and inspire, but also stir up the gifts that dwell within you. We all have stories or testimonies that can enrich the lives of those around us.

It is my prayer that through these posts, you will become motivated to keep on keepin' on! That's all I am trying to do as I run on to see what the end is going to be! I love the old hymns and dirges of the church, so you'll often find my writings sprinkled with songs that invigorate my spirit. I can't say I'll always be politically correct, as I am a "Jesus freak" and it is what it is.

I am currently in the process of beginning my doctoral dissertation, so I trust that you'll learn more than you ever wanted to about Iowa, the writing of a dissertation, and the troubles that arise. Please feel free to share your thoughts with me. And look ya (I'm a Gullah gal), I will try my best to make sure all subjects and verbs agree; however, all work is still in process!

Enjoy the journey and I look forward to our time together.

1 comment:

robert said...

Your site caught my eye this morning because of the use of lines from William Ogden's gospel song, "Look and Live." Today is the 168th anniversary of his birth. As noted on my daily blog on hymn history, Wordwise Hymns, he also wrote "Seeking the Lost," another song that is found in some hymn books.