Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Remembering Dr. King and the Other Dreamers in the Movement

I will always remember the song Mrs. Harley, my elementary school music teacher, taught us about the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. We learned the song in a modular unit in the back of the school, which was also attended by my mother and her siblings. Much had changed for the Title I school, but teachers like Mrs. Harley always made us feel special while making do with  minimal resources.

"He wanted peace and love all over this land." We sang our parts and reflected on the man and his dream. He was a great man!

As we approach the celebration of the national King Holiday, I honor the sacrifice of Dr. King and remember the sacrifices of those whose names will never enter the historian's inquiry.

I shared these reflections in a guest column published at:

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/life/your-faith/2014-01-17/remembering-faith-king-and-all-those-who-worked-freedom

As always, look and live! Visit the new Web site at www.looknlive.com

No comments: