Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

I can't afford it, but God can handle a $4 gallon of gas


Happy Monday, All!

“Stay encouraged,” is the word of the Lord for you this week. While gas is $4 a gallon and our grocery bills are skyrocketing, God is still in control. On Saturday, I went to a gas station to purchase an 8 lb. bag of ice and the cashier was even shocked that the price had risen from $1.25 to $1.44. His co-worker just shook her head and said she received word that diesel would increase by 30 cents.

I know it is hard to stay encouraged when your money is funny and your change is a little strange, but we have to trust our living God. David said in Psalm 37:25:“I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”

Yes, we’ve all had to make some changes; however, none of my friends and/or loved ones have reported that they are losing any weight. I’m trying to work off a few pounds I packed on during Iowa’s long winter and late spring. You would think a sister would lose a few pounds choosing vegetarian entrees over beef or chicken to save a dollar or two.

This week, try this little exercise I’ve found myself doing lately. Most of us are use to saying grace or a prayer of thanks before eating, but have you considered that this act is transferable. Recently, I have found myself saying “thank you for provision” as I walk through the grocery store and while I am pumping gas. I am a bargain shopper, so I am interested in the little tag that tells you how much each ounce will cost. I still look at those little tags, but as I make my selections, I give thanks.

I once heard a preacher say, “'thank you' makes room for more.” Send me a note if you get a chance to experiment with this little exercise.

It is almost 2 a.m. and it will soon be time to experience God’s manna!

As always, continue to walk in your blessings! (Meditation Passage Exodus 16:4-7)


Arlecia D. Simmons

Copyright © 2008 Arlecia’s Doses of Inspiration by Arlecia D. Simmons
All rights reserved.

No comments: