Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

He Keeps On Doing Great Things for Me


Hello All,


I am thankful for all of calls, e-mails and prayers. I am dry and safe!


I delayed posting this week, as I was waiting for a word from heaven. As you can imagine, the past few days have been rather tumultuous and uncertain for the people of Iowa and other Midwestern states. But even as I read the reports of devastation and smell the stench of the receding waters and its residue, I continue to see God work. In the words of LaShun Pace, “He Keeps On Doing Great Things for Me.”


A few months ago when I met with my tax preparer, she looked over and said, “It’s amazing how much you give with your income as a student.” She continued sifting through the receipts from my two alma maters, churches, and the usual not-for-profits.I did not know how to respond, so I simply joked, “You can give away or you can give it to the government.” I do not share this story to brag or boast, but to bring you to my testimony. Even with the increasing cost of gas and other consumer products, I am still committed to being a giver.


Last week, I learned that my summer job would be saved while my colleagues were laid off. The summer program was canceled due to the flooding and its consequences. Prior to the call and e-mail, I had made peace with whatever decision would come down…But God!


On Monday, I received a letter from my undergraduate alma mater thanking me for a gift I had given to a recently established scholarship for African-American students. Earlier that day, I received an e-mail stating that I had received funding to conclude the data collection for my dissertation. My 600 miles of travel and my 25-cent photocopies will be reimbursed. On Tuesday, I learned that I was awarded a scholarship to assist with my final year of schooling.


Some would call it luck, but I know it is the favor of God.


I know that many of you have been praying for the people of Iowa and surrounding areas, but would you consider putting your faith into action by donating to the American Red Cross. The Red Cross is at the fore of the flood recovery efforts and they continue to assist the affected and inflicted across the world. However, I just read that the organization has had to take out a loan to continue their services. I know it is hard for all of us, but please consider a small gift this week. If you or your church would like to give directly to a local church affected by the floods, contact me and I will put you in touch with local pastors who could assist you.


Trust me, giving makes room for more! As always, continue to walk in your blessings.





ADS

1 comment:

Kevin Morgan said...

Arlecia,

I am glad that you are dry and safe. Yes indeed, God keeps on doing great things for you.

I like your various posts. Keep up the good work.

Kevin