Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Do you shine?


Today I had the opportunity to discuss the soundtrack of the black experience in America with about 100+ workers at a corporation in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I shared various songs that have been sung on our journey, and chose to end with the song, “The Little Light of Mine.” “Even on my job,” is the verse I had the group sing in unison. As I thought about the presentation, I considered how we must all work to be light in this very dark world.

As this week ends, consider the following:

As I look around my home, my community and my world, I see many challenges.
I must determine if I am the problem or if I am the solution.
I must choose to be light in the darkness.


Continue to walk in your blessings,

ADS

1 comment:

carolina magic said...

You believe in light. I believe in dogs and others stuff. See my latest blog entry, brown daughter. Hope you're well.

Please post a comment on my latest entry. Want to know what you think...