Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God Will Take Care of You


Matthew 6:25-26 (KJV)
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?



After reading the headline, "LA man upset over job kills wife, 5 kids, himself," I was stirred to share this previously published post with you this week:



One Iowa winter morning, I looked out of my living room window and as far as my natural eye could see, ice and snow blanketed the earth. It was February, and it had snowed every week since Thanksgiving. As I stood there thinking about my upcoming schedule, the possibility of having to cancel an engagement due to the weather, the five extra pounds that have lingered since the holidays and the status of some relationships, I noticed a bird flying near the bush outside of my neighbors’ window. Not all birds migrate, as these resident black birds make daily visits to a bird feeder under my window.

While drivers and walkers are slipping and sliding, the birds navigated through the winds, rain and snow. They still had a song to sing as God’s hands in the earth supply provisions.

As I continued to gaze out of the window, I considered this act of nature and the verse within Matthew 6, “take no thought for your life.” We often struggle with casting all of our cares on God (I Peter 5:5; Psalm 55:22) when we are in the midst of the winds and rains of deadlines, financial lack, personal struggles and worries. Sometimes we have to ask ourselves, “Am I not much better than the birds?”

Today, I thank God for allowing me to behold the fowls of the air. Even in this physical and personal storm, God sent a reminder that He is still Jehovah Jirah, my provider, and is in control of my life!

People of God, do not be weary in well doing (Galatians 6:9). Stay encouraged and continue to walk in your blessings!

ADS

No comments: