Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Time To Forgive

During the holiday season, inevitably someone may encounter friends or loved ones who have wronged them in some way or another. Maybe it was the cousin who borrowed $1,000 of your student loan refund and then never began repayment, or a relative who touched you inappropriately during childhood?

Whatever the violation, you may be left struggling to figure out to navigate the rocky terrain of holiday fellowship. While I pray you seek the necessary counsel, I also encourage you to search your own hearts to see if there is even a microgram of forgiveness resting there.

Even in my own life as I have sought apologies from others, I have asked God to search my own heart. My heart and actions have not always been pure, and like King David I must now pray: “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” (Psalm 51:10). No, the road to forgiveness may not be a short one, and it’s likely unleveled with a few potholes.

Today, however, I am grateful that the path to forgiveness does not bear a “road closed” sign. Doctah Lele

Look, Live & Learn Registration is below! Can't wait to see you there! 

No comments: