Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Did you get the lesson?

Today we find ourselves breathing through the last Sunday of a year we’ll never see again. God has been speaking to me concerning my own affairs as well as giving insight on things I should share with others. This time of year brings introspection and reflection that some might choose to avoid. I ask you to say “hello” to Gabriel if you have lived 363 day without stress, money problems, fear, pain, or anything likened to human angst. While the memories of some of our joys have been short lived, we remember the pains.

As I reflected on some events in my own life and how I responded or failed to respond, I heard God say “Did you get the lesson?”  Point. Blank. Period.

Did I get the lesson? Did you get the lesson?

At the core of my being I believe God is not wasteful. We may call an abundance of rain a flood while for God there is a providential plan for the waters that disrupt our driving and damage our shoes.

Whether it was a relationship that didn’t go your way or another matter that didn’t end as suspected, know that it was a learning module for the journey.

For months I asked God why a situation turned out the way it did. Why me? Why did it not turn out in my favor? I’m righteous. I’m called. At one point I got a little indignant and said, “Really, God?”  See, in the midst of the situation God sent other messages with words to encourage a different path. Oh, I thanked them for their suggestions then chose to do it my way. Just recently, I had to send someone a note to thank her for the wisdom I could not hear in that season. Now, I am left with God saying, “Did you get the lesson?”

Beloved, I did get the lesson. And because of God’s grace, it is a lesson I learned while being prepared on the backside of the desert before God sends me to lead God’s people.
For some, such lessons are costly. But because God is not wasteful, God will allow us to get the necessary learning before the costs are so great. Will we listen? Will we heed the warnings and embrace the wisdom sent to through priest, prophets and everyday people? God will send us notes through everyday people. Yes, even a dude at a bar who looks at you and says, “You’re not even suppose to be in here.” (Fast forward 16 years :) )

I trust there were many lessons to be learned this year, but it will require you to slow down, take some notes, or review the ones already compiled. No electronic devices needed, but this will require an open heart and mind willing to hear the Teacher’s still small voice.

As always, continue to look and live!

Dr. Lele

No comments: